How to write a biography that will stand out
Congratulations on joining the fastest growing network of sporting talent, you have now made the first step in securing your dream sporting career.
Your HQNINE biography is an important asset towards attaining your career goals in the sporting industry, helping you get to where you want to be. To ensure you stand out amongst other athletes, we have outlined the top selling points and attributes your profile should feature to provide coaches with the information they need to know.
- Choose a fantastic portfolio of photos and video highlights that will stand out and capture coaches attention. These must be your stand out visuals that show either you as an athlete in action or winning a race or match for example. Having action shots as opposed to a profile image will help show coaches how you can perform as an athlete, whereas a profile image doesn’t tell the coach anything they need to know.
- Capture your audience’s attention with an outstanding opening paragraph that outlines who you are as an athlete. Coaches don’t always have time to scroll through loads of text, therefore your opening paragraph should outline your achievements, what you want to achieve as an athlete and what role you are looking for.
- Outlining your biggest achievements throughout the text as well as in your opening paragraph will further highlight your past successes to the coaches and inform them of how well you can perform as an athlete.
- Tell the coaches what you are looking to achieve. Your goals might not always marry up with the position in question, therefore it is important to highlight where you see your future career going to avoid wasting time.
- Show your enthusiasm and dedication to your sport. Coaches want to know how far you will go for the love of your sport, therefore you must write with passion, telling the coaches how you have dedicated your life for your sport.
- Adding a quote from a past coach will help show the coaches how great of an athlete you are from another professionals point of view.
By using the above guidelines, you are bound to create a profile that will stand out and help you get to the next step in your sporting career. Remember to sound enthusiastic, show off your most momentous sporting moments and tell coaches what you want to achieve.